Published on March 16th, 2015 | by drkkr1
It was a moment of pride when the Second Edition of TEDx succeeded in offering the ‘Enlightenment’ to the TEDxGRD participants with huge information, social awareness, entertainment and show of talent on 4th March 2015.
Curator Dr K.K. Ramachandran, Director of GRD School of Commerce and International Business, GRD Institute of Management and Dr. G.R. Damodaran College of Science, Coimbatore, handled this huge challenge of the day through his invisible leadership, army of students and incredible involvement
“Enlightenment” – It is paradoxical, yet true, to say, that the more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations. Precisely one of the most gratifying results of intellectual evolution is the continuous opening up of new and greater prospects. To earmark the successful conduct of the event, the planning was carried out with strategies — ‘before’, ‘during’ and ‘after’. Based on this division, committees were formed. To make it different and in keeping with the spirit of the age of the organisers, the ‘before’ events included a flash mob in a mall, a Cyclothon, a walkathon and band performance.
A distinct website, a page on Facebook that kept giving updates on the speakers, their topics, and much more, received over a thousand hits even before the event. With each and every action that we perform, we acquire abundant knowledge. We believe, that learning helps to INITIATE, IGNITE and INSPIRE. The talks at the TEDx grd event ranged from
- Ms. Nishtha Raj, The violinist from Washington DC, is elegantly mixing Classical Hindustani music with modern sounds to bring it to a new generation of music lovers.
- Mr. Sumit Dutta Cowdhury , President of Reliance Jio and author of bestselling career management book ‘Rules of the Game’ addressed on enlightening on “ Your life is a fractal”.
- Mr. Ramanathan Sridhar is an Innovation Coach & Management Consultant from Mumbai , enlightened on the “Evicting the enemy within each of us”.
- Mr. Ramesh Jude Thomas President and Chief Knowledge Officer of EQUITOR Value Advisory Pvt. Ltd Bangalore spoke on “In reality: great is the enemy of the good.
- Ms. Amutha Kannan Freelance journalist and writer shared her living experience on “Defence: living beyond the ordinary”.
- Ms. Devika Malik, a paraplegic legend expressed her views on ‘Sport beyond Competition’.
- Dr. Za’faran Hassan, a Professor at the Center for Post Graduate and Professional Studies, Faculty of Business Management, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia presented her ideas on getting enlightened through Strategic Thinking.
- Mr.Rahul Joshua Thomas a Member of India’s Premier “Brass Rock” band Clown With A Frown, Bangalore based mentioned his profession on his choice to play Tenor Trombone.
- Mr.Caleb Steven Raj a student completing his bachelor in commerce degree GRD’s very own student showed his unique way of exhibiting his passion as a rap artist, lyricist, musician & singer.
There were few selected TED talks played during the event. The ‘At the Lounge’ where students played the media team and shot an interview with each speaker in a lounge setting and the selfie pics of all the speakers were some of the innovative initiatives of the event.
The enlightenment that TEDx generated extended itself to the students community with a manifold impact. Since the students believe that the learning is something significant, they want to prepare a case study and document the whole process to make it a best practice.