Published on October 13th, 2013 | by drkkr0
INDIA’S ICONIC BRAND SACHIN TENDULKAR
24 years #SACHIN TENDULAR made INDIA proud and Happy. He also gave hope to millions to take cricket as a career..! #SACHIN is a reason for many parents from abusing their kids for playing cricket, he made millions of parents aspire their kid to b the next #SACHIN. When he came, when he played n when he retired..! He is the #news. #Sachin always the head lines ..! Preparation, Focus, Determination, Humility, Fitness, Performance, Pride, Fearlessness, Motivation, Consistency, Perfection,Simplicity,Dream, Strategy, Winning, Patience, Positive attitude, Self-belief, Team, Managing Pressure…one man taught me everything ..! This one man united the entire nation every time he went out to bat.
“When Sachin Tendulkar traveled to Pakistan to face one of the finest bowling attacks ever assembled in cricket, Michael Schumacher was yet to race a F1 car, Lance Armstrong had never been to the Tour de France, Diego Maradona was still the captain of a world champion Argentina team, Pete Sampras had never won a Grand Slam.
When Tendulkar embarked on a glorious career taming Imran and company, Roger Federer was a name unheard of; Lionel Messi was in his nappies, Usain Bolt was an unknown kid in the Jamaican backwaters. The Berlin Wall was still intact, USSR was one big, big country, Dr Manmohan Singh was yet to “open” the Nehruvian economy. It seems while Time was having his toll on every individual on the face of this planet, he excused one man. Time stands frozen in front of Sachin Tendulkar. We have had champions, we have had legends, but we have never had another Sachin Tendulkar and we never will.” #Time
This is the one BRAND INDIA and Indians are loyal for the past 24 years.
Interesting Facts of SACHIN TENDULKAR :
– Sachin Tendulkar is India’s first active cricketer to be nominated to the Rajya Sabha.
– As an aspiring fast bowler a young Sachin Tendulkar was rejected by Dennis Lillee’s MRF Pace Foundation in 1987.
– During the 1987 world cup, Sachin was a ball boy for the match between India and Zimbabwe at the Wankhede Stadium. He was 14 then.
– Sachin Tendulkar fielded for Pakistan as a substitute during a one-day practice match against India at the Brabourne Stadium in 1988.
– Tendulkar has 13 coins from his coach Ramakant Achrekar. He would win a coin if he could get through an entire session of nets without being dismissed.
– In October 1995, Sachin became the richest cricketer when he signed a five-year contract worth Rs 31.5 crore with World Tel.
– Sachin Tendulkar used to sleep with his cricket gear during his junior days.
– Sachin Tendulkar loves collecting perfumes and watches.
– Tendulkar’s first car was a Maruti-800.
– Sachin Tendulkar was the first international batsman to be given out by the third-umpire. In 1992, on the second day of the Durban Test, a Jonty Rhodes throw caught Tendulkar short of the crease. After watching TV replays he was adjudged out. Karl Liebenberg of South Africa was third umpire in the match.
– At 19, Sachin Tendulkar became the youngest Indian to play county cricket.
– The first advertisement in which Sachin featured was for a sticking plaster.
– The first brand which Sachin Tendulkar endorsed was the health drink ‘Boost.’ He was seen alongside Kapil Dev in many of their ad films, the start of which happened in 1990.
– In his debut Test match English fast bowler Alan Mullally complained that Sachin Tendulkar was batting with a bat broader than the normal willow.
– Sachin Tendulkar started off with centuries in his debut matches in the Ranji, Duleep and Irani Trophy.
– Sachin Tendulkar was led onto the field on his Ranji debut by his then captain, Ravi Shastri.
– Sachin Tendulkar uses a very heavy bat at the crease, weighing 3.2lbs. Only South Africa’s Lance Klusener used a heavier bat in world cricket.
– Sachin Tendulkar, who is considered as calm character was a big bully in the school.
– Sachin Tendulkar went to watch the movie Roja in 1995 with a beard and disguise. It all went wrong when his glasses fell off and the crowd in the cinema hall recognized him.
– Sachin Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by the Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
– When young Sachin fell from a tree on a Sunday evening during his summer vacation, while Guide was shown on national TV, his infuriated brother (and mentor) Ajit sent him to cricket coaching class as punishment.
– The naughty Sachin Tendulkar used to go fishing for tadpoles and guppy fishes in the stream that ran through the compound of Sahitya Sahawas at Bandra East.
– Sachin Tendulkar once told a Marathi news channel in an interview that his weakness is ‘vada-pao’, a popular Maharashtrian snack.
– Sachin used his favourite vampire bat during the innings in which he scored the historical 50th Test ton.
– Sachin Tendulkar batted in his debut Test against Pakistan wearing the pads gifted to him by Sunil Gavaskar.
– Sachin Tendulkar was a huge fan of John McEnroe, a former tennis legend. He grew his hair and tied a band around it to copy his idol.
– Tendulkar has scored most centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998.
– In 1998 he made 1,894 ODI runs, a record for ODI runs by any batsman in a calendar year.
– Sachin Tendulkar is himself a role model for many admires from other sports such as tennis starts Pete Sampras and Boris Becker, and Argentina footballer Diego Maradona.
– Sachin Tendulkar was named after the great musician Sachin Dev Burman. Sachin’s father’s, Ramesh Tendulkar was a big fan of SD’s music.
– Sachin loves Kishore Kumar and rock group Dire Straits.
– Sachin calls Sourav Ganguly ‘Babu Moshai’ while Ganguly calls him ‘Chhota Babu’.
– Sachin once made his mother look for a frog Bhaji recipe!
– The nanny who looked after Sachin has been universally called Sachuchi Bai.
– Sachin is so possessive about his Ferrari that wife Anjali is not allowed to drive it.
– Sachin loved to play tennis ball cricket and darts during rain breaks.
– A prankster that he is, Sachin once put a hose pipe into Sourav Ganguly’s room and turned the tap on.
– Sachin Tendulkar was without a bat contract until the start of the 1996 Cricket World Cup. At the end of the tournament a famous tyre manufacturer sponsored his willow.
SACHIN TENDULKAR’S GOOD BYE !!
“All my life I have had a dream of playing cricket for India. I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years. It’s hard for me to imagine a life without playing cricket because it’s all I have ever done since I was 11 years old. It’s been a huge honour to have represented my country and played all over the world. I look forward to playing my 200th Test Match on home soil, as I call it a day.
I thank the BCCI for everything over the years and for permitting me to move on when my heart feels it’s time! I thank my family for their patience and understanding. Most of all, I thank my fans and well-wishers who through their prayers and wishes have given me the strength to go out and perform at my best.”
Every cricket enthusiast has a #Sachin moment or memory in their life. What is yours …?!?!
One article i like on Sachin TENDULKAR http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/it-is-not-easy-being-sachin/article4210427.ece